Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mark 8:36

So today I was watching the Hannah Montana concert and I was thinking ... I cant imagine what it must be like to have little kids everywhere adore you. She walked down the stage like she was just on top of the world. so, picture this...you've got your microphone in your hand with lil' girls screaming in adoration at your feet. it must be crazy to see your face all over wal-mart and on girls shirts and everywhere. It'd be like, no matter what kinda of crappy day you've had or how poorly a boy treated you it all didnt matter because, psh. . . ur "Hannah Montana" and the world love you. But, according to Mark 8:36 "What good is it if a man gains the world but loses his soul". The "Message" version says it this way: What would it do you to get everything you have ever wanted but to lose the real you. " Sometimes we forget that who  we are is good enough even if the world doesnt know our name or little kid's clothes don't bear your face. The God of the whole universe seems to think your worth dyeing for. And seriously...who would die for Hannah Montana? ? not me. 
Next time you feel like your not worthy or insignificant or maybe that some people have it so much better than you re-read that verse. It really puts things into prospective. 

I love ya'll!
Donna
p.s 
if you love someone ...tell them. It just might change their whole day. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather be liked or respected for all the true little things on the inside - the things only your good friends really know you for.
And btw, I don't know what bye and bye or by and by means - but I know I love you!

Anonymous said...

Amen sitah'
yeah, dont call me bro.

The Forgotten Princess